The Washington Capitals and Philadelphia Flyers entered motion on Wednesday night time seeking to snap a protracted dropping streak. However just one could possibly be washed.
Morgan Frost despatched a low shot to Darcy Kuemper, and the Caps netminder was within the air and behind him to start out the scoring. Marcus Johansson hit a paydirt on his second attempt, earlier than Alex Ovechkin guided house an influence play shot to tie issues up. Patrick Brown beat Quemper with a delicate tip try in entrance to offer the Phillies their lead.
Sony Milano It was late for Caps. Alex Ovechkin scores the additional time winner!
Capitals beat Flyers 3-2!
- The capital has had a very tough time of late within the preliminary phases and that has continued into this era. Of their final 5 video games, they’ve been outscored 11-1 within the first interval. They finally turned issues round, tied the sport, and carried a lot of the constructive momentum into the primary interval.
- The purpose they gave up was straight from their netminder was horrible. Darcy Kuemper Particularly not when the workforce in entrance of him has hassle placing the puck within the internet. He did not look comfy in internet to start out the sport.
- Marcus Johansson One was kicked and referred to as again, and Alex Ovechkin stole one by touching a puck that had already gone over the purpose line. A extremely dangerous sport from Mojo/Jojo. fixing
— Arduous Hats (@AndyAltman1) November 23, 2022
- One other weak one by Kuemper at second and the Caps cannot rating now. That they had possession many of the interval however could not discover the ultimate go or shot. The workforce managed to get on the board with simply 2 scoring probabilities within the second body, going 5-for-5 from 11 to 2.
- Good to see Nicklas Backstrom Within the sales space of TNT. Completely happy birthday, Nicky! Please come again as quickly as you’ll be able to.
- What would be the USA’s closing rating in opposition to England on Friday? I am frightened about that, of us. It’ll both be 4-1 England or 1-0 to the great guys. There isn’t any intermediate. Perhaps Berhalter will play with Gio Reyna as he ought to have on Monday.
- Georgetown shouldn’t be allowed to play basketball on the identical day as Capitals video games. The puck appears to be like like a ball in some locations. One of many league’s huge home-ice disadvantages.
— Washington Capitals (@Capitals) November 23, 2022
- I assumed TJ Oshie He was glorious in his return. His spectacular play arrange Sonny Milano’s tying purpose within the third and he additionally assisted on Washington’s first purpose.
- John Tortorella Apparently a horse had been kicked within the face lately. If that occurs to me, you will not see me for the subsequent six months.
- No. 790 for Alex Ovechkin. What a game-winning transfer from him in additional time.
- I do know this has most likely been one of many extra unfavourable occasions in Caps fandom these days, so I will shift the narrative up a bit within the feedback part. Title one obscure Caps participant you are grateful for and why. I will attempt to spotlight my favourite sooner or later.
Nikki gown at night time pic.twitter.com/dgWvvb3auj
— Ian Land (@ianoland) November 24, 2022
Completely happy Thanksgiving! We’ll check out the Caps subsequent when the Calgary Flames come to city for certainly one of their visits of the season.
Caption Picture: Alexander G.